Thursday, May 23, 2019

The Vision and the Scarlet Witch (1985) #6, "No Strings Attached"

I want to finish out the Avengers team-up theme I'd started on. I've looked at books in which Namor showed up Captain America, Iron Man and Thor books but before going back to one of the team titles, we're going to have a quick look at a less obvious option.


It should comes as no surprise that Namor's presence in this book is quite limited. He had only recently become a member of the Avengers and he has little relationship with the Scarlet Witch and even less with the Vision. He basically just fills out the Thanksgiving dinner table.


The bulk of the story revolves around Magneto showing up at the party and the tension that this creates since just about everyone in that room has cause to loathe him. There are a few amusing moments though and an Invaders reunion of sorts.


Here, Namor shows his ability to explain things the other characters already know.

As people start to make their way out Namor, player that he is, throws down some charm.


That's a reference to her pregnancy at the time, which I admit I'd completely forgotten about.

That's pretty well the extent of Namor's contribution to the book but, to my surprise, he appears to be far more involved in the next issue so I'll be checking that out at some point down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment