Saturday, January 27, 2018

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #527

Dud.

This issue is part two of a story called The Five Lights. While searching for Namor appearances, I found out I had the first part of Five Lights already yet had no memory of purchasing it. It wasn't until I came across a character based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada that I remembered that I'd bought it for my blog about Canadian super-heroes.

So what the hell? I went ahead and bought the second part. The cover seemed promising. The cover date is October, 2010.


Despite the rather dashing cover appearance, the Avenging Son only appears on two pages, flirting with Emma Frost and making an argument that Scott Summers, Cyclops, is a tool. He's not wrong, but as guest-appearances go, it's a little disappointing.

Oh, he throws some sunshine towards his chef, too, simultaneously taking a shot at we landlubbers. Monarchs need to be able to multi-task.


He eats sushi with Emma Frost which, at first, seemed odd. I suppose surface dwellers eat hot dogs and wiener tots so maybe Atlanteans eating sushi isn't so weird but it initially raised an eyebrow.  I bet I come across something in some other book which contradicts this.

But the fact I'm questioning the act of eating sushi just underscores what a pointless purchase this was. If you were to collect Namor's major appearance only, this is very much one to skip. Not even one Imperius Rex, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment